Thursday, February 19, 2009

GOOD Times



Well, I have definitely been using my time to do way fun things. I thought I would share a bit of it all with you.

On Saturday, 14 February 2009, I went indoor rock climbing. As a member of the Outdoor club we get a free membership to this place in Orem. I thought I would make use of it. Actually, I wanted to practice more so that I don't look so lame next weekend when we go rock climbing for real. So, this is me rock climbing; this was a way hard run. The only one I didn't finish...

Then, my friend Sarah and I decided that we would not be found alone on a Saturday night, it being Valentine's Day. So, we called our friends and set each other up on blind dates. We made pizza and went sledding. It was an incredible amount of fun; the sledding was amazing.

On Monday I went caving with three other people up to Nutty Putty caves. I felt especially cool because usually these caves are closed but I just became friends with someone who has got sweet connections and we got in. It was a really awesome trip! We walked for about 3 miles in deep mud (some of it being uphill), went cave exploring for 2 hours plus, got entirely soaked, caked in dust, which turned to mud as we slithered through small holes with puddle-covered floors, exerted all of our efforts to get our muscles to pull us through tight squeezes and slippery slopes, then walked another 3 miles back to the car...in the mud...and rain. I stepped in several puddles on the way home. Needless to say, we were all very exhausted and in the morning Sarah and I were COVERED in bruises. It was great. One of the most fun things I have ever done. :) Go figure.

Our most recent club activity was tonight, Wednesday. In order to get funding from BYU, we have to write a ton of letters to donors saying thank you. It is clearly not the most fun thing to do, so we thought we would entice the club members by reserving the tumbling gym to play in after writing letters. If all of you who don't know, it is a big warehouse with lots of trampolines, pads, sumo suits and a huge pit full of foam blocks. It was good times. Hard work, too. Here is Sarah and I right before our Sumo Wrestling of Death! Actually, we just pushed and shoved and fell on top of each other and decided we never wanted to gain enough weight to be like that. It's hard work!

This last video was Alan, me and Sarah jumping into the foam pit. It was good times. Huzzah!

1 comment:

Anne Burnett said...

I think your week was a whole lot more exciting than ours was. We're glad you're enjoying school (or at least the activities surrounding it) so well.