Sunday, May 9, 2010

I am all for the grandkids being the display holders! Great idea Anne! We received homemade bread and a real rose. Brother Johnson, a 90-something year old man, in our ward makes homemade bread for the sacrament each week and he has been making cinnamon bread for the mothers for something like 15 years. Pretty amazing. (We don't do the men taking over primary and YW thing in this ward. We reserve that for the yearly visiting teaching conference that happens during the third hour in March of every year.)This year since I'm the ward music chairman I arranged for the music numbers and I asked the entire Priesthood to prepare a song. They chose to sing "Families Can Be Together Forever." It was a very nice treat for mother's day. Every wife, although she may not like the sound that comes out so much, loves the thought of having her husband sing to her. I saw a lot of women who were touched today. Then the primary sang two postlude songs, "I Often Go Walking" and "Mother Tell Me the Stories", while the bread and flowers were passed out. It was very wonderful.

No comments: