Wednesday, September 16, 2009

A Preview to Eternity


Last night Dad and I went to the temple. For those who aren't familiar with the temple, at the end of a session you walk through a hallway and into the celestial room - representing "heaven". I like to ponder as I walk through that hallway (which reminds me of the "tunnel of light" that after-life accounts often refer to) of how it will be when it is my turn to pass into the next life. Will family be there to greet me? I was the first from our session into the room and I as I walked in, there was Cheryl Burnett Garner, my sister-in-law who works in the temple, walking directly towards me. How wonderful it was to see her, but made more so by my thoughts just moments before. I don't see Cheryl very often since the passing of Blaine's brother, Smiley, and her 2nd marriage. It seemed significant to me that she was there to greet me. It was really good to see her.

No comments: