Friday, June 25, 2010

My Horse Adventure Gone Awry

Well, my Wamic trip proved more challenging this time. Linnell, Matthew, Miriam and her 4 children and I left Sunday evening to spend 2 glorious days riding and enjoying the beautiful Oregon high desert. Monday morning we took the kids on a horse walk, tied the horses at the cabin for lunch, then Linnell, Matthew, and I went on a "real" ride into the wilderness area. What a beautiful day and a fun ride... until... we were galloping our way home and my horse and I got out of sync (for you horse people, he was cross leading). So I pulled him up to regroup, but I pulled him up too fast and then we were really out of sync and at some point my right ankle got twisted around in the stirrup. Anyway, I was coming off and couldn't get him to stop since I was hanging on his neck to the side. Linnell heard my plea to hold up, so when we all came to a stop I slid off landing softly on my back. That was when I realized I had injured my right ankle. Anyway, nothing broken, just lots of color and some swelling. Not so bad if I didn't have a job to show up for! Hopefully I will back at it soon. I guess if I had to sprain my ankle, I am glad to have an exciting story to tell, though it does hurt my ego that it includes coming off a horse!

1 comment:

Nicole Douglas said...

Ouch! Reminds me of how embarrassed I was about fracturing my cheekbone. And for that I didn't have a horse to blame. Won't next life be great when our bodies don't hurt?! Sorry mom. Hang in there.