Monday, June 28, 2010

Blueberry Memories

Nikki just called asking for the blueberry sauce recipe. Since it is blueberry season, I thought I would post it for all. I thought about typing it in, but part of the memory is seeing the recipe card. How many of you remember picking blueberries at Carus Hill Farms? We may have only done that 2 or 3 years since they closed their u-pick after that. This was the place just past the Mikkelsen's first house - further down on the left. Where do you remember going blueberry picking? One memory I have is picking at the place by the Hill's home with Russ just after he got home from EFY. I loved hearing of his experiences that seemed to come out even more in that setting. That is what I loved about picking fruit together... talking and working together. AND coming home with pounds and pounds of fruit and seeing how much we could eat before making jam or freezing them for future use. Yeah for Oregon fruit and Oregon memories!

No comments: