Sunday, October 26, 2008

Sweet Dealio- An Update

As you all know, Halloween is coming. This weekend my ward, along with 3 others, had a big Halloween party. I, once again, thought that my 80's get-up would work best. However, I spruced it up with a sweet dress! Thank you, DI. Sadly, I let Allen Sabey (Cameo's husband) borrow my pink tights for the weekend (he went to an Ultimate Frisbee tournament in Colorado and they had to dress up for Halloween; he was a pig, hence the pink tights...with shorts) so it doesn't look quite as...striking. But it still worked. I liked it. I was quite happy to receive compliments on my outfit, such as: "Wow! That is truly 80's. Most people when they do 80's don't actually look 80's, they just look trendy. But you, you look 80's!" Rock on! (Sorry about the orientation of the picture, I tried but couldn't get it to remain upright.)
In order from left to right: Me, Ellen (Jannelle's friend), Jannelle/Jasmine (she made the costume herself. Unfortunately, you can't see her sweet MC Hammer-like pants (rather, Jasmine pants) because they are dang tight!...and by tight I mean rad or cool, because they are anything but tight as in opposite of loosely fitted.), Laura (Jannelle's friend), Kristy my roommate. Ahw yeeeah.

Here is a close up of my face. Pretty awesome, I know. :) I would like you all to take note of my crimped hair. Yes, that is right, I crimped my hair. It is actually kind of cool and I think I might do it again for real life, not just for a costume! Please ignore the fact that my cheeks and my lips are the same color. Gee, I wonder how that happened...
The weekend before this current one we are in, I went camping at a place called Six Lakes, east of Heber. To be more correct, it was Six Ponds. We went camping and had a nice fire and also went biking and canoeing. Creighton and Garrett would scoff at my listing biking among the activities because my biking skills are...a little under par. But we had good times. As you can see, there were insects around. Apparently, they don't mind Creighton's shoulder.

This is while I was out canoeing out in one of the ponds. It was pretty fun.

Life is going well. As usual, I absolutely LOVE work. It is so great. The Lord is amazing. It is incredible how tailored my current situation is to what I need in life. My ward is also amazing; it is full of such good people who are doing exactly what they should in life. Honestly, it is so great. Other than that (work, church and activities), not much going on. Just thought ya'll would enjoy seeing and reading up on my life. I love you all!

1 comment:

Anne Burnett said...

Thanks for the update. I'm glad your awesome 80s outfit was such a hit. P.S. Do you have Christmas plans yet? When are you going to be in Provo during the holidays?