Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Naptime

The girls often take their naps in the same room, but Ashlyn is usually asleep by the time I leave. Here was what I heard on the baby monitor on a day I left the room with both girls still awake:

(Kaylee was giving baby dolls to Ashlyn, who was intentionally dropping them on the ground, then asking for them again.)



TRANSCRIPT
Ashlyn: Baby, Baby
Kaylee: I told you, this is your LAST TIME.
Ashlyn: Baby, Baby
Kaylee: I'm not going to hear it again.
Ashlyn: Baby, Baby
Baby, Baby
Elmo
Kaylee: Lay down.
Ashlyn: Elmo
Kaylee: LAY DOWN.
Ashlyn: Elmo
Kaylee: Lay down.
Ashlyn: Elmo
Baby, Baby, Baby . . .

Kaylee eventually bribed Ashlyn with watching a movie after her nap if she would lay down. When that didn't work she called me back in.

3 comments:

Doug Burnett said...

Anne that was hilarious! Emily and I really enjoyed it. Thanks for posting such fun stuff.

Anne Burnett said...

Anytime! I LOVE to share our adorable children. Hopefully the two of you will be able to see much more of them soon (though Virginia Beach is still like 4.5 hours away).

The camera was shaking a lot when I took the video because I was laughing so much. :)

Dadburnit said...

Yeah, Anne, I thought I could hear your muffled laughs... ;-) It's impressive that you thought to grab the camera and tape another precious moment. Thanks so much for sharing!