Sunday, November 22, 2009

Thanksgiving Poem

Thought I would share a poem about Thanksgiving:

While on the way on the store yesterday,
We anticipated a delectable feast.
With hopes high, Thanksgiving nigh
And no impediment in the least.

We went to the shelf in the store by itself
To catch us a turkey main course.
But looking in the empty bin,
Our hunting hopes had scoped remorse.

"There's no Thanksgiving meal without turkey feel,
Of unfrozened fowl cut in sliver."
But in that shelf, I came to myself,
There's no Thanksgiving without the Giver.

The Giver of breath, the saver from death,
So bountifully blesses us here.
What portion to great at this thankful plate,
Can we give to him this year.

And this honey ham sow, so much sweeter now,
As though on alter lay.
Let us give Him, hearts full to brim,
To live in Thanksgiving each day.

2 comments:

Nicole Douglas said...

Thanks Doug. You have a beautiful way with words. Did this happen this year? If you were closer, we'd give you a turkey since the price was so good we bought two! But either way, I know you'll enjoy your Thanksgiving. You both are always humble and grateful.

Dadburnit said...

I printed up a special PowerPoint page with some Thanksgiving graphics, and this wonderful poem, to share with my Home Teaching families. It gets better each time I (sniff-sniff) read it (sniff-sniff).