Sunday, January 17, 2010

New(s)

You just won...a brand new car!

Actually, we didn't. But we bought an old one. Yay! So, Brandon and Angela decided that it would be nice for Angela to get a job that actually paid, so she did! Nomen Global, the ESL school I've been working at since September of 2008 (off and on), has been struggling financially (hence the off and on part) and are a couple months behind on payroll. Basically, we live off Brandon's part-time paycheck. For that, and a few other reasons, we figured now was a good time to get a new job.


I now work at New Haven. It is a residential treatment center where I will be working with "at-risk" adolescent girls. However, the job is in Spanish Fork (abut 25 min. south of Provo) in a place buses don't go, which meant I needed my own form of transportation.

Brandon, with all of his car knowledge, shopped around and found us a really good deal on a '97 Chevy Cavalier. (It is still weird to me that even a '97 is still an old car.) It's a great little car and pretty fun for me to have.

I am really excited about the job. It will be really challenging but really rewarding (sometimes) and will be the exact experience I need for once I graduate in June and we move to Corvallis in August so Brandon can study Biochemistry at OSU. So, lots of new(s) for us!

3 comments:

Nicole Douglas said...

A two-door coupe! Watch out for those drag races down state street! Just kidding. That's awesome. I'm glad you get to have a job that will be in your field. As you say, it will be challenging, but rewarding. Still at this point I don't want to go back to being a hall adviser, but I'm really glad I did it. I gained a lot of valuable experience I'll use forever. Congrats!

Doug Burnett said...

DId Vanna White come with the car too?

Anne Burnett said...

Wow, that is a lot of news. Whatever we have to share in the next couple weeks will pale in comparison. :) Congrats on the new job - I hope it works out well for you. Fun to have a "new" car, and I don't think we knew the plan to move to Corvalis in Aug - so good luck with that as well. (Too bad you're not moving to the OTHER side of the country though.)