Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Elise's Blessing Day






I have been so amazed at how alert little Elise has been since her first day on earth. It seems to be the first comment most people make when they first meet her. Here are some pictures from January 24th when she is 4 days old...

On the day of the blessing, Dad and I drove down to Corvallis to witness this special event. I had made a few changes to the little smocked dress I had made for Angela when she was blessed, but was worried it would be too small for Elise since she was older than her mom on her blessing day. No worries... it fit Elise even better! Will it someday be worn when Elise has a baby girl? That was a happy thought. It was a wonderful day and just made us wish we could experience these moments with each of our grandchildren. Remind me... why is living far away a good idea?!

2 comments:

Anne Burnett said...

Wish we could have been there! She's such a little doll. Thanks for the post, Mom!

Doug Burnett said...

I agree with the last line. Why does everyone have to live so far away from Chicago :)

Emily and I are super excited to meet her! And I guess it will be fun to see Abby too :)

We can't wait to have our family reunion soon! We have been missing everyone a bunch!