Sunday, May 31, 2009

Latest news on the Douglases




So I've been meaning to update you all for a long time but never sat down to do it. I have to admit I've ended up starting our own family blog to record our lives in one place and to refer to friends who want to know what we're up to. (If you happen to have extra time and want to it's at douglasjournal.blogspot.com.) I've been wanting to keep this blog up to date too, so here we go.

Noteable things that have happened since last I posted:
-James has learned to crawl, and stand up on his own, and cruise, and make deep teeth marks in his crib! He started a high-calorie formula this week and seems to like it, so he should be gaining even more weight soon. He LOVES to swing on any swing he can find and dance to any music he hears.
-Bekah has lost another tooth and another one will come out any day. She also had her 6-year-old check-up and was 3'11" and 46 pounds! She goes around telling everyone "I'm 6 now. I'm over the hills!" I know it seems strange but it does seem like in a matter of weeks she's changed from a small kid to a young girl. We inherited some really cute clothes from a family in the ward recently and included was a pair of grown up white sunday shoes that she loves to go around in pretending she's a tap dancer (remind you of anyone :). She is quite the helper too.
-Jason made huge progress in our kitchen this week--we were able to go from plywood countertops to granite tile and it looks great! Jason might start teaching a recently added summer English class at MCC next week, but so far only has one student so we're not sure how that will work out. It's nice to have him home and be able to do family stuff every day.
-In the meantime, if 6 is over the hills, then I'm over the mountain...this was a hard birthday for me, but what can you do? Life only goes forward and I have many blessings. I'm still job hunting. I've applied for about 12 jobs with no luck yet and no temp positions are becoming available. I'm bummed that I may have to start working Sundays just to get a job, but I'll keep trying. I've been able to help in Bekah's class a couple times and joined a weekly walking group and two book clubs in the ward so it's nice to be out doing things.

Kelly and Sarah Kitchen came to visit during Bekah's surprise birthday party, and Doug and Emily are coming in a few weeks so we're all really excited! Seeing family is so much more exciting when you live far away. Life is really good.

It seems like I used to be able to post pictures with a specific paragraph but now it only lets me attach them to the top of the post, so sorry things don't line up. At least I found some pictures...

Love you all!

1 comment:

Anne Burnett said...

Thanks for the post! We always enjoy family updates. And thanks for the tip about your own blog - I'm sure I'll add myself to your list of followers. :)